Well, today I sat for a mathematics test (NOT my common test). It was supposed to be done by people good in mathematics.
Apparently, I'm not.
I could only answer a few questions. Here are some of the tough questions.
1. If n!= n*(n-1)*(n-2)*(n-3)*.......*3*2*1, find the value of 2010!/2008!
It was multiple-choice based, so I chose none of the above (I got 673015; after cancellation I was left with 2010*2009/3*2*1). The options did not have my answer.
2. A ship travels 5km north, 7km west, 2km south and 3km east. What is the displacement distance (or something like that) of the ship from its starting point?
Because of the word "displacement" and because I did not think of the Pythagorean Theorem, I got stuck and randomly placed an answer inside.
3. I have an international chess set, 8 by 8 squares. What is the number of squares, regardless the dimensions?
I remember seeing such a question, and remembered that the answer is definitely not 64. But I can't remember how.
4. Given that
OP and OQ are circumferences of the semicircle. Show that m=n.
My paper was filled with algebraic equations that led to nowhere.
6. If n! = n*(n-1)*(n-2)*(n-3)*...*3*2*1, find the highest power of 15 in 100!.
Never did this question at all. Really no idea how to do question.
7. A cube with six sides are written with a positive integer. The three numbers which meet up in one corner is multiplied. The sum of all the products is 2004. If the sum of all the numbers on each face is S, give four possible values of S and find all of them.
Again, my paper is filled with algebraic equations that lead to nowhere.
Well, today is a fine, normal and boring day. It has always been boring with no challenges to face. I wonder when I would suffer from severe boredom.
Seriously. There's nothing to do most of the time after I reach home (I finish all homework in school) and once I turn on the computer, there's nothing I want to do (in other words, I'm just staring at the computer, and of course, typing out this post). Indeed, a waste of electricity.
Well, my guitar string snapped as well (again, the top string), such that I cannot spend my time playing the guitar.
Hopefully life changes for the better in terms of boredom. Don't understand why this happens.
Darrell Tay. 16. Chinese Singaporean. Normal, ordinary guy. Covered by shadows casted by others. Loves my guitar, heavy metal and darkness. Or rather, I've been used to it. You can probably find photos in the archives, but I take no responsibility if your computer screen's damaged. :)
My blog is four years old! I never stuck to a blog this long before :)